Here are our top picks for the best braai broodjie recipes that are sure to please. Whether you’re looking for a classic cheese and tomato braai broodjies or something a little more adventurous, we’ve got you covered. So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy some of the best braai broodjies around!
For more similar fabulous braai broodjie recipes click here! more recipes…
My favorite Braai Broodjies Recipes
Some of the best Broodjies on the braai recipes to complete your braai experience, with some amazing braai twists to make perfect side dishes for your braai!
Shop for all your braai needs here !! BRAAI SHOP
Here are 30 delicious and creative braai brootjie recipe ideas to elevate your next barbecue:
- Bacon, feta and avo: Layer crispy bacon, crumbled feta cheese and slices of ripe avocado on top of your brootjie.
- BBQ chicken: Shred leftover barbecue chicken and mix with your favourite BBQ sauce, then sandwich it between two slices of bread and toast until golden.
- Roasted veggies: Roast your favourite vegetables (such as peppers, onions and zucchini) in the oven or on the braai, then pile them on top of your brootjie with some mozzarella cheese.
- Biltong and cream cheese: Spread cream cheese on both slices of bread and add a generous amount of sliced biltong.
- Tuna melt: Mix tuna with mayonnaise and chopped celery, then top with cheddar cheese and toast until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Breakfast brootjie: Toast a brootjie and fill it with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese for a hearty breakfast.
- Sausage and chutney: Grill a sausage and top with chutney before placing it on your brootjie.
- Mushroom and cheese: Sauté sliced mushrooms and layer them with your favourite cheese for a simple yet tasty brootjie.
- Ham and pineapple: Layer thinly sliced ham and grilled pineapple on your brootjie for a sweet and savoury flavour.
- Sweet potato and feta: Roast sweet potato and mix with crumbled feta cheese, then toast between two slices of bread.
- Pulled pork: Shred leftover pulled pork and mix with barbecue sauce, then pile onto your brootjie and top with coleslaw.
- Salami and cheese: Layer sliced salami and cheese on your brootjie for a quick and easy snack.
- Pesto and tomato: Spread pesto on your brootjie and add sliced tomatoes, then top with mozzarella cheese and toast until melted.
- Avo and chicken: Layer sliced chicken and ripe avocado on your brootjie for a healthy and filling snack.
- Caprese: Top your brootjie with sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil for a classic Italian flavour.
- Brie and cranberry: Spread brie cheese on your brootjie and add a dollop of cranberry sauce, then toast until the cheese is melted.
- Greek: Mix together olives, feta cheese, diced tomato and cucumber, then spoon onto your brootjie.
- Beef and onion: Grill sliced beef and onions and pile onto your brootjie with some horseradish sauce.
- Veggie burger: Toast a brootjie and fill it with a veggie burger patty, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
- Bacon and egg: Fry an egg and layer it with crispy bacon on your brootjie for a breakfast-inspired sandwich.
- BBQ brisket: Shred leftover barbecue brisket and pile onto your brootjie with some coleslaw and barbecue sauce.
- Cheese and tomato: Layer sliced tomato and your favourite cheese on your brootjie, then toast until melted.
- Chicken and pesto: Mix shredded chicken with pesto sauce, then add to your brootjie and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Roast beef: Slice leftover roast beef and add to your brootjie with some horseradish sauce and arugula.
- BLT: Layer crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato on your brootjie with
- Apple, cheese and ham
- Bacon, cheese and mushroom
- Chicken, bacon and avo
- Boerewors and chakalaka
- Nutella and banana
These braai brootjie recipe ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. Use your creativity and experiment with different fillings to find your own favorites. Happy grilling!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.