#Braai #CaramelizedShallot #Gruyere #PotatoSalad #Recipe
This recipe for Braai Caramelized Shallot and Gruyere Potato Salad is perfect for any summer gathering. The combination of caramelized shallots, Gruyere cheese, and potatoes makes for a delicious and savory dish that is sure to be a hit.
– 2 pounds potatoes, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
– 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your braai or grill to medium heat.
2. Place the diced potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the garlic and olive oil.
3. Place the potatoes on the preheated grill and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are caramelized, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the brown sugar and thyme to the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
6. Once the potatoes are cooked, transfer them to the skillet with the shallots and toss to combine.
7. Sprinkle the Gruyere cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve the potato salad warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!