#MapleBourbonGlazed #ShortRibs #GrillRecipe #Braai #BBQ
This delicious Maple-Bourbon Glazed Short Ribs recipe is sure to be a hit at your next summer braai! The sweet and smoky glaze pairs perfectly with the tender grilled ribs. Start by marinading the ribs for at least 4 hours and up to overnight with a mixture of maple syrup, bourbon, garlic, and spices. Then, fire up the grill and cook the ribs for approximately 25 minutes, basting them with the glaze every 10 minutes. Serve the ribs hot off the grill, and enjoy!
- 4 lbs short ribs
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a medium bowl, combine bourbon, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, cumin, and oregano. Whisk until well combined.
- Place the short ribs in a large resealable bag. Pour the marinade over the ribs, making sure the ribs are thoroughly coated. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat (175 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place them on the preheated grill. Cook for approximately 25 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade every 10 minutes.
- Once the ribs are cooked through, remove them from the grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make a glaze, pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. The mixture should reduce by half and become thick and syrupy.
- Brush the ribs with the glaze and serve.