For more similar fantastic winter braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- handful of flat-leaf parsley
- large pinch of sumac
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus a drizzle
- 80g bulgur wheat
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp chilli jam
- 4 ready-made lamb kebabs
- 6 tbsp hummus
- Make the salad by mixing together the tomatoes, onion, parsley, sumac, extra-virgin olive oil and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses in a bowl with some seasoning.
- Cook the bulgur wheat in a large pan of boiling water with the stock cube, following the pack instructions.
- Mix the pomegranate molasses and chilli jam together in a bowl to make a glaze.
- Heat a barbecue until hot, with the coals spread out evenly. Lightly oil the lamb kebabs and grill on the barbecue for 8-10 mins, turning regularly, until charred and cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the glaze and cook for another minute until sticky. If you are not using a barbecue, cook the lamb skewers on a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Spread the hummus onto a platter or two plates, pile on the tomato salad and top with the kebabs. Take to the table and serve with the bulgur on the side.
Ingredients4 tbsp white misovegetable oil(about 175g-250g each) 4 pork chops2 peaches, halved and stoned2 little gem lettuce, quarteredto serve (optional) edible flowers2 peaches2 tbsp white wine vinegar1 sprig rosemary1 tbsp sugar50g butter125g ground almonds200ml vegetable stock100ml whole milkMethodSTEP 1For the pickled peaches, stone and slice the peaches to 0.5cm thick. Heat the vinegar, rosemary, sugar […]
- 4 tbsp white miso
- vegetable oil
- (about 175g-250g each) 4 pork chops
- 2 peaches, halved and stoned
- 2 little gem lettuce, quartered
- to serve (optional) edible flowers
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50g butter
- 125g ground almonds
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 100ml whole milk
- For the pickled peaches, stone and slice the peaches to 0.5cm thick. Heat the vinegar, rosemary, sugar and 100ml water until simmering, then take off the heat. Cool until tepid and pour over the peaches.
- Mix the miso and 2 tbsp vegetable oil with 3 tbsp water and rub into the pork chops. Marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the braai, and sear the pork for 2-4 minutes on each side until brown. Put on a braai lid and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chops is 70C. Rest
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the ground almonds. Cook for 5 minutes until light brown, then add the stock. Cook until the stock has evaporated, put in a blender with the milk and blend. Season with salt.
- Season the halved peaches and lettuce wedges with salt and drizzle with a little oil. Cook on the barbecue or in a grill pan for a few minutes, until they’re lightly charred but still have bite.
- Spread the purée onto 4 plates, then slice the pork chops and put on top. Add the pickled and charred peaches, and a Little Gem wedge. Garnish with edible flowers, if you like.
More Braai salads ideas and braai side dishes