Mongolian chicken braai sosaties, a delicious and flavorful dish perfect for your braai (barbecue) gatherings:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring all pieces are well-coated. Cover the dish or seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat your braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the soaked bamboo skewers, dividing them evenly among the skewers.
- Place the chicken sosaties on the preheated braai grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred on the edges.
- While grilling, baste the sosaties with the remaining marinade to enhance the flavor and keep the chicken moist.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the sosaties from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the Mongolian chicken braai sosaties hot, garnished with chopped spring onions or sesame seeds for extra flavor and visual appeal. They pair well with steamed rice or a fresh salad.
Enjoy the tantalizing taste of Mongolian chicken braai sosaties, combining sweet, savory, and tangy flavors, for a delightful addition to your braai menu!