- 1 lb.
shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4andouille sausages, sliced into 1/2″ thick rounds (chorizo from portugal or spain works too)
- 1/4 c.melted butter
- 1 tbsp.lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp.freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tsp.smoked paprika
- 1 tsp.garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp.cayenne
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp.freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes. When ready to cook, drain and dry skewers.
- Thread top of shrimp, then sausage, then tail of shrimp onto skewers.
- Repeat until all shrimp and sausage is used.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, and spices.
- Season with salt and pepper, then brush all over skewers.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium.
- Add skewers and cook until shrimp is opaque and sausage is warmed through, about 3 minutes per side. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!