A Prawn bbq idea with a Caribbean kick perfect for summer
For more similar awesome fish braai recipes and prawn braai ideas, braai marinades click here! more recipes…
Summer Braai Recipe Ideas, Fish Braai Recipes, Prawn Braai Recipes, The best Braai Sosatie Recipes and Ideas
fish braai ideas
- 1kg lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/3 c. sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Place Prawn in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rum, garlic, lime juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Add 3/4 of the marinade to the bowl of Prawns and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat up you braai and grill Prawns and cook on one side until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Put the grilled prawns in a pan using tongs and add the marinade, flip prawns, then brush with remaining marinade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.