Indulge in the sweet and tangy flavors of this caramel pineapple malva pudding. This South African dessert is a soft and spongy cake that’s drenched in a rich caramel sauce with bits of crushed pineapple. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a delightful treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Try this easy-to-follow recipe and impress your guests with a unique and delicious dessert that will leave them craving for more.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and egg together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the apricot jam, vinegar, and milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the drained crushed pineapple.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt the brown sugar, butter, and water together until well combined.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Enjoy your delicious caramel pineapple malva pudding!