- 1 (9-inch) store-bought milktart
- 1 (10-12 oz) store-bought sponge cake
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup Amarula liqueur
- 1 cup sliced fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, or any other fruit of your choice)
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- Cut the milktart into small pieces.
- Cut the sponge cake into small cubes.
- In a large glass bowl, start layering the ingredients. Begin with a layer of sponge cake cubes, followed by a drizzle of Amarula, a layer of milktart pieces, then a layer of sliced fruit, and finally a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle toasted almond slivers on top of the whipped cream layer.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Serve chilled and enjoy the delicious combination of milktart, fruit, sponge cake, whipped cream, and Amarula!
Adding Amarula to this Milktart Trifle recipe adds a unique and delicious twist to this classic South African dessert. The creamy liqueur pairs perfectly with the milktart and fruit flavors, making this dessert even more decadent and indulgent. Give it a try and enjoy!