- 300g Marie biscuits
- 150g melted butter
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce
- Cinnamon powder for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crush the Marie biscuits into fine crumbs and mix with melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk and sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and eggs until smooth.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the milk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Continue cooking the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and butter until the butter is melted and fully incorporated.
- Pour the caramel sauce into the milk mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish and sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
- Bake the tart for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Chill the tart in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Enjoy your delicious caramel milk tart with a Marie biscuit crust!