Peppermint Crisp Tart is a delicious no-bake dessert that is sure to please any crowd. This easy-to-make treat is made with layers of whipped cream, caramelized condensed milk, and crumbled Peppermint Crisp chocolate bars.
The tart is served chilled, making it the perfect summertime dessert. The combination of the sweet and creamy layers with the crunchy peppermint chocolate bars creates a unique flavor that is sure to be a hit with everyone. So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make, give this Peppermint Crisp Tart a try!
How to Make a Delicious Peppermint Crisp Tart: A Step-by-Step Guide
Making a delicious peppermint crisp tart is a simple and rewarding process. Follow this step-by-step guide to create a delicious dessert that is sure to impress.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of peppermint essence
- 2 x 200g packets of peppermint crisp chocolate
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
Step 2: Prepare the Base
Begin by crushing the digestive biscuits into a fine crumb. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and add the golden syrup, cocoa powder, icing sugar and peppermint essence. Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
Add the biscuit crumbs to the mixture and stir until the crumbs are evenly coated.
Step 3: Assemble the Tart
Press the biscuit mixture into a greased tart tin and spread it evenly. Place the tart tin in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the base to set.
Step 4: Add the Topping
Once the base has set, remove the tart tin from the fridge and break the peppermint crisp chocolate into small pieces. Sprinkle the pieces over the base and press them down lightly.
Step 5: Bake the Tart
Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the tart for 15 minutes. Once the tart is golden brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
Your delicious peppermint crisp tart is now ready to enjoy!
How to Make the Perfect Braaied Apple Crisp: A Step-by-Step Guide
Braaied Apple Crisp is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any outdoor gathering. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or a winter braai, this classic dessert is sure to be a hit. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making the perfect Braaied Apple Crisp.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients to make your Braaied Apple Crisp:
– 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup of rolled oats
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 1/4 cup of butter, melted
Step 2: Prepare the Apples
Peel, core, and slice the apples into thin slices. Place the slices in a large bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Topping
In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the melted butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly.
Step 4: Assemble the Crisp
Place the apple slices in a greased braai pan. Sprinkle the topping over the apples and spread it evenly.
Step 5: Braai the Crisp
Place the pan on the braai and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
Once the crisp is cooked, remove it from the braai and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Here’s a recipe for a delicious and easy-to-make granadilla fridge tart that would be perfect for a braai (barbecue):
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of granadilla pulp
- 1 packet of Marie biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Crush the Marie biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs. You can use a food processor or put them in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the melted butter with the biscuit crumbs until they are well combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a greased 20cm pie dish or rectangular dish, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to set.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk, granadilla pulp, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream until it is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and spread it out evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the tart is firm and set.
- Once the tart is set, you can decorate it with fresh mint leaves or extra granadilla pulp before serving.
Enjoy your delicious granadilla fridge tart at your next braai!
For more similar awesome braai dessert recipes click here! more braai dessert recipes…
- 1kg mixed firm stone fruit, de-stoned and halved or quartered if large – we used peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots and cherries
- 300-400g mixed berries – we used raspberries, blueberries and redcurrants
- Avocado or vegetable oil for grilling
- 2-3 tbsp soft brown sugar (optional)
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime
- Handful mixed soft herbs – we used mint, basil and lemon verbena
For the honey labneh
- 1 tsp salt
- 900g full-fat greek yogurt
- 3-4 tbsp runny honey, plus extra to drizzle
For the sweet pistachio dukkah
- 100g shelled pistachios
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals (optional)
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
For the Grilled Stone Fruit:
- Preheat the grill or barbecue to a medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush the cut side of the stone fruit with avocado or vegetable oil. If you’re using soft brown sugar, sprinkle this over the fruit to caramelize and sweeten it during grilling.
- Place the stone fruit, cut side down, on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes or until the fruit has grill marks and has slightly softened. Avoid moving the fruit around too much to achieve clear grill marks.
- Remove the grilled fruit from the heat and place in a mixing bowl. Once all the fruit is grilled and in the bowl, add the mixed berries.
- Sprinkle over the grated zest of one lime and squeeze in the juice. Gently toss to combine.
- Tear up the soft herbs and sprinkle them over the grilled fruit mixture. Toss gently to incorporate.
For the Honey Labneh:
- Add 1 tsp of salt to the Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Place a sieve over a bowl, and line it with a muslin cloth or several layers of kitchen paper.
- Pour the salted yogurt into the sieve and let it drain in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. This process will thicken the yogurt by removing excess liquid.
- After draining, remove the thickened yogurt from the sieve and place it in a separate bowl. Stir in the runny honey until well combined.
For the Sweet Pistachio Dukkah:
- In a dry frying pan, toast the shelled pistachios, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and fennel seeds over medium heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning. Once they start to become fragrant and are lightly golden, remove from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and then transfer to a food processor.
- Add ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, dried rose petals (if using), and chilli flakes (if using). Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped but not a paste.
- Drizzle in the 2 tbsp of runny honey and pulse again to combine.
- Spread a generous dollop of the honey labneh on each plate.
- Pile the grilled fruit salad on top.
- Sprinkle the sweet pistachio dukkah over the fruit.
- Drizzle with a little extra runny honey if desired.