Here’s a recipe for Brazilian-style braai lamb chops, inspired by the flavors of Brazil’s traditional churrasco barbecue:
- 8 lamb chops
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, ensuring they are coated evenly. Massage the marinade into the meat to enhance the flavor. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or ideally overnight, to allow the flavors to develop.
- Preheat your braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and let any excess drip off. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Place the lamb chops on the preheated braai grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time to your desired level of doneness. While grilling, baste the lamb chops occasionally with the reserved marinade to keep them moist and flavorful.
- Once the lamb chops are cooked to your liking, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the Brazilian-style braai lamb chops hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley. They pair well with traditional Brazilian sides like rice, black beans, farofa (toasted cassava flour), and a fresh salad.
Enjoy the succulent and flavorful Brazilian-style braai lamb chops, perfect for a festive and delicious meal!
Grill up mouthwatering Rosemary Garlic Lamb Chops for your next barbecue or dinner party! Our easy recipe features a delicious marinade with fresh rosemary, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, resulting in tender and flavorful chops that are sure to impress.
Perfect for any meat lover, get the recipe now and serve up a crowd-pleasing dish
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat braai to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped rosemary, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Brush both sides of the lamb chops with the marinade.
- Place the lamb chops on the braai and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the lamb chops from the braai and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the lamb chops hot, garnished with additional fresh rosemary if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Rosemary Garlic Grilled Lamb Chops!
Ingredients 1 c. whole-milk plain yogurt 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice tsp. paprika tsp. ground cumin 8 rib lamb chops 1 1/2 tsp. Coarse salt 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper Mint sprigs for garnish (optional) Directions Make the yogurt sauce: Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, paprika, and cumin in a small bowl, and set […]
- 1 c. whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- tsp. paprika
- tsp. ground cumin
- 8 rib lamb chops
- 1 1/2 tsp. Coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Make the yogurt sauce: Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, paprika, and cumin in a small bowl, and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Make the chops: Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper, and grill until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with the reserved yogurt sauce and mint sprigs if desired.
For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- Lamb chops – This recipe is for 6 lamb chops, but you will need approximately 2 chops per person.
- Greek yogurt – Plain and organic is the way to go.
- Garam masala – You can usually find this in the spice aisle in your grocery store.
- Turmeric – This spice goes particularly well with lamb. It has a yellow coloring and earthy flavor.
- Garlic – You can mince them yourself or buy them pre-minced.
- Ginger – You can find fresh ginger in your produce aisle.
- Lemon juice – You can use fresh or bottled juice.
- Paprika – If you want spicier chops, try using a hot paprika. You can find it in your spice aisle.
- Cayenne Pepper – For that added heat.
- Salt – To taste.
LAMB CHOP MARINADE
This simple curry marinade helps to tenderize your lamb chops as well as adding lots of flavor.
- Combine marinade ingredients. Combine Greek yogurt, garam masala, turmeric, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a bowl and stir until fully mixed together.
- Marinade chops. Pour your marinade into a gallon freezer bag and add the lamb chops. Seal bag and move chops around inside until they are well coated with marinade.
- Let chops soak . Place the bag in your refrigerator and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- The longer you marinade your chops, the more flavor they will have.
HOW TO COOK LAMB CHOPS ON THE GRILL
- Preheat. Heat your grill to 200 C.
- Prep chops. Take your marinade bag out of the fridge.
- Remove the chops from marinade and scrape off excess.
- Braai the chops. Place your chops on grill and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Again, this time is for rib chops. If you are using a different cut of chop, your cooking time may vary.