For more of the best braai potato salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2 cans of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn kernels, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of peri peri sauce (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the mixed beans, chopped red onion, red and green bell pepper, and corn kernels.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, peri peri sauce, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss until everything is coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the salad a good stir and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Peri Peri Bean Salad !
For more similar delicious braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 c.classic BBQ sauce
- 1/4 c.reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c.extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c.chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/4 c.sliced onions, divided
- 2 tbsp.lemon juice
- 1 tbsp.smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp.grated fresh ginger, from a 1″ piece
- 1clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp.freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced 1″ thick
- 1red onion, halved and sliced 1″ thick
- 2 c.cubed fresh pineapple
- 4boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 to 3 pounds total)
- Heat grill to medium-high for at least 3 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together BBQ sauce, soy sauce, oil, 2 tablespoons each cilantro and scallions, lemon juice, paprika, ginger, garlic, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the bell pepper, onion, and pineapple between 4, 16” square sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil. Top each packet with a chicken breast and season with 2 teaspoons each salt and pepper, dividing evenly. Pour the sauce over top, dividing evenly, then tightly fold each piece of foil to make a packet and place on the grill.
- Grill, covered and undisturbed, for 20 minutes, then use tongs to carefully open the top of each packet. Grill for another 5 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165°.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer contents of each package to a plate and spoon any remaining sauce over top. Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons each cilantro and scallion, dividing evenly.
For more similar fantastic winter braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- handful of flat-leaf parsley
- large pinch of sumac
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus a drizzle
- 80g bulgur wheat
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp chilli jam
- 4 ready-made lamb kebabs
- 6 tbsp hummus
- Make the salad by mixing together the tomatoes, onion, parsley, sumac, extra-virgin olive oil and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses in a bowl with some seasoning.
- Cook the bulgur wheat in a large pan of boiling water with the stock cube, following the pack instructions.
- Mix the pomegranate molasses and chilli jam together in a bowl to make a glaze.
- Heat a barbecue until hot, with the coals spread out evenly. Lightly oil the lamb kebabs and grill on the barbecue for 8-10 mins, turning regularly, until charred and cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the glaze and cook for another minute until sticky. If you are not using a barbecue, cook the lamb skewers on a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Spread the hummus onto a platter or two plates, pile on the tomato salad and top with the kebabs. Take to the table and serve with the bulgur on the side.