- Prime Rib: I like to get a cut that is bone-in and tied.
- Garlic Cloves
- Thyme, Oregano and Fresh Rosemary: I like to use freshly chopped herbs to make the flavor taste top notch!
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the Meat: Remove the meat from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 220c degrees.
- Mix Together Garlic Butter Herb Sauce : In a small bowl mix butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Then, rub all of the butter on the outside of your prime rib and place in a roasting pan or large skillet with the fat side up.
- Cook Prime Rib: Cook for 15 minutes and reduce the temperature to 220 degrees. It is about 15 minutes per pound of meat. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 80 degrees.
- Let the Meat Rest: Remove from oven and let it rest with foil for at least 20 minutes. The temperature will rise to 90 degrees for a medium rare prime rib.