#braai #shortribs #guavaglaze #bbq #grill
Braaied Short Ribs with Guava Glaze Recipe
This recipe is sure to impress your guests with the sweet and savory flavors of the guava glaze and braaied short ribs. The ribs are slow cooked over indirect heat so the meat is incredibly tender and juicy. Served with a delicious guava glaze, this is a delectable dish that your family and friends will love.
- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) of beef short ribs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of guava jelly
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat your braai grill to 190°C (374°F).
- Season the short ribs with the salt and pepper and rub the olive oil on the ribs.
- Place the ribs on the preheated grill and cook for 30 minutes and flip them once during the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the guava jelly, soy sauce, garlic, honey, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the glaze is thick and syrupy.
- Brush the glaze onto the ribs and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the heat and brush with more glaze. Serve with your favorite sides.