For more similar delicious braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 c.classic BBQ sauce
- 1/4 c.reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c.extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c.chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/4 c.sliced onions, divided
- 2 tbsp.lemon juice
- 1 tbsp.smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp.grated fresh ginger, from a 1″ piece
- 1clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp.freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced 1″ thick
- 1red onion, halved and sliced 1″ thick
- 2 c.cubed fresh pineapple
- 4boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 to 3 pounds total)
- Heat grill to medium-high for at least 3 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together BBQ sauce, soy sauce, oil, 2 tablespoons each cilantro and scallions, lemon juice, paprika, ginger, garlic, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the bell pepper, onion, and pineapple between 4, 16” square sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil. Top each packet with a chicken breast and season with 2 teaspoons each salt and pepper, dividing evenly. Pour the sauce over top, dividing evenly, then tightly fold each piece of foil to make a packet and place on the grill.
- Grill, covered and undisturbed, for 20 minutes, then use tongs to carefully open the top of each packet. Grill for another 5 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165°.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer contents of each package to a plate and spoon any remaining sauce over top. Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons each cilantro and scallion, dividing evenly.