For more the best foil braai pocket recipes click here! more recipes…
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 2 lb. russet potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes), well scrubbed and sliced 1/8-inch thin
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. ranch dressing, plus more for drizzling if desired
- 9 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 c. Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Finely chopped curly-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Prepare braai or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the grill with vegetable oil. In a bowl toss sliced potatoes with olive oil, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange two 16-inch-long pieces of foil, overlapping about 2 inches in the center, to create a 16-inch square. Grease with cooking spray.
- Repeat to create a second 16-inch square of greased foil.
- Spread ⅓ of the potatoes across the center of the two packets.
- Drizzle each packet with 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing, top each with 1 ½ pieces bacon, and divide ⅓ of the cheese between the two packets. Repeat two times.
- Fold foil packets crosswise over the potato mixture to completely cover the food. Roll top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
- Arrange the foil packets on the grill and close the grill cover. Cook, until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets, there will be steam. Drizzle with more ranch, if desired, and sprinkle with parsley.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.