This salmon fillet recipe features a delicious combination of spicy chilli, sweet pineapple salsa, fresh cilantro, and garlic, all cooked to perfection on a braai. It’s a perfect dish for those who love bold flavors and healthy, protein-packed meals.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 pineapple, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat your braai or grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, then brush with olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets on the braai or grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through and have grill marks.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the salsa. In a medium bowl, combine the diced pineapple, red onion, cilantro, garlic, and chilli. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the salmon fillets are cooked, remove them from the braai or grill and place them on a serving platter.
- Spoon the salsa over the salmon fillets and serve immediately. Enjoy!
“Salmon Braai with Sumac and Garlic” is a delicious recipe that combines the unique flavors of sumac and garlic to create a mouthwatering dish perfect for grilling on the braai. This recipe is a must-try for seafood lovers who want to add a new twist to their traditional salmon dishes.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, sumac, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the sumac and garlic mixture all over the salmon fillets, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the salmon fillets on the grill, skin-side down.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious Salmon Braai with Sumac and Garlic!
For more similar fantastic braai pocket recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2 whole fish such as snoek , or even Elf scaled and gutted
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large orange cut into thin slices
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 1 bunch parsley
- For the sherry vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup Spanish olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush the fish on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavities of both fish with orange slices, tarragon and parsley and place on the grill.
- Grill the fish for 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill, place on a platter and drizzle immediately with the Sherry Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette.
For the Sherry Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette:
- Combine vinegar, shallot, mustard, tarragon, and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. Adjust seasoning.