This South African-style barbecue dish is perfect for warm weather gatherings and combines the flavors of sweet chili sauce, fresh coriander, and succulent prawns. The chili dipping butter adds an extra layer of heat and flavor to this delicious dish.
- 1 kg large raw prawns, deveined and shells removed
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3 red chilies, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce, chopped coriander, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the prawns to the bowl and toss to coat them with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the prawns are marinating, make the chili dipping butter. In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and finely chopped red chilies. Mix well until the butter is evenly infused with the chili.
- Preheat your braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated prawns onto skewers and brush them with some of the remaining marinade.
- Place the prawn skewers on the braai and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and are slightly charred.
- Serve the prawn skewers hot with the chili dipping butter on the side.
Enjoy this Sweet Chilli and Coriander Prawn Braai with Chili Dipping Butter for a flavorful and spicy barbecue experience!