- 1 kg large raw prawns, deveined and shells removed
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3 red chilies, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce, chopped coriander, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the prawns to the bowl and toss to coat them with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the prawns are marinating, make the chili dipping butter. In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and finely chopped red chilies. Mix well until the butter is evenly infused with the chili.
- Preheat your braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated prawns onto skewers and brush them with some of the remaining marinade.
- Place the prawn skewers on the braai and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and are slightly charred.
- Serve the prawn skewers hot with the chili dipping butter on the side.
Enjoy this Sweet Chilli and Coriander Prawn Braai with Chili Dipping Butter for a flavorful and spicy barbecue experience!