- 1 kg large raw prawns, deveined and shells removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, chopped rosemary, lime zest and juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the prawns to the bowl and toss to coat them with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the prawns are marinating, make the paprika dipping butter. In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, smoked paprika, and minced garlic. Mix well until the butter is evenly infused with the paprika.
- Preheat your braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated prawns onto skewers and brush them with some of the remaining marinade.
- Place the prawn skewers on the braai and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and are slightly charred.
- Serve the prawn skewers hot with the paprika dipping butter on the side.
Enjoy this Rosemary and Lime Prawn Braai with Paprika Dipping Butter for a flavorful and aromatic barbecue experience!