For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 slices of bread or 2 sandwich rolls
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter, for spreading
- Preheat the braai (grill) to medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, either on the braai or in a pan on the stove.
- Slice the rolls in half, if using, and butter the inside of each slice.
- Place the rolls or bread slices on the braai grill, buttered side down, and grill until lightly toasted.
- To assemble the sandwich, place 2 slices of bacon on each slice of bread or on the bottom half of the rolls.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and sliced avocado on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with the other half of the roll or slice of bread.
- Repeat the process for the second sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches back on the braai grill and grill until the cheese is slightly melted and the bread is toasted.
- Remove from the grill and let the sandwiches cool for a minute before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Bacon, feta and avo braai sandwich!