For more of the best fish braai recipes and delicious fish braai ideas click here! more recipes…
- 2 whole sea bream, each weighing 700g and cleaned
- 8 stalks of lemongrass, halved lengthways
- 6 red chillies (3 deseeded), chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger, grated
- Zest and juice of 4 limes
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Use a food processor to blend the marinade ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Place the sea breams in a large bowl or roasting tray and pour the marinade over them, ensuring that both the inside and outside are well coated.
- Refrigerate and allow the fish to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the braai to medium-high heat or follow oven cooking instructions.
- Tear two sheets of foil large enough to fully enclose each fish and slightly overlap them.
- Place 8 lemongrass halves in the center of each foil sheet and lay a fish on top. Pour half of the marinade from the dish over each fish and season well.
- Bring up the sides of the foil and tightly seal the package.
- Repeat for the second fish.
- Place the packages directly on the coals for 25-30 minutes with the lid down, or until the fish is fully cooked.
This recipe for whole chilli and lemongrass sea bream provides a delectable blend of flavors and textures that will tantalize your taste buds.