For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Butter, for spreading
- Preheat the braai (grill) to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked and shredded chicken breast with the BBQ sauce until well coated.
- Slice the bread into thin slices, but do not cut all the way through so that the slices are still attached.
- Butter the inside of each slice of bread.
- Stuff the slices with the BBQ chicken, grated cheddar cheese, and sliced red onion.
- Wrap the bread in foil and place on the braai grill.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the grill and carefully unwrap the foil.
- Cut into individual portions and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious BBQ chicken braai broodjie!