For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat the braai (grill) to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced red and yellow peppers, red onion, zucchini, and eggplant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the vegetables and toss until well coated.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet or roasting pan and roast in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Cut the ciabatta rolls in half and brush the inside of each half with olive oil.
- Place the rolls on the braai grill, cut side down, and grill until lightly toasted.
- To assemble the braai broodtjie, place a layer of roasted vegetables on the bottom half of each ciabatta roll.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese (optional).
- Top with the other half of the roll.
- Place the sandwiches back on the braai grill and grill for a few more minutes until heated through and the cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious Roasted veggies braai broodtjie on ciabatta!