For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup biltong, sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter, for spreading
- Preheat the braai (grill) to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, biltong, red onion, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Slice the bread into thin slices, but do not cut all the way through so that the slices are still attached.
- Butter the inside of each slice of bread.
- Stuff the slices with the biltong and cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the bread in foil and place on the braai grill.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the braai and carefully unwrap the foil.
- Cut into individual portions and serve immediately.