- 4 ciabatta rolls or bread
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 250g fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your braai (grill) to medium-high heat.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls in half and brush them with olive oil.
- Place the ciabatta rolls on the braai, cut side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until they’re lightly toasted.
- Place a few slices of tomato on the bottom half of each ciabatta roll.
- Top the tomato slices with a few slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Add a few fresh basil leaves on top of the mozzarella.
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze on top of the basil leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Close the broodjie by placing the top half of each ciabatta roll on top of the filling.
- Wrap the broodjie tightly in foil and place it on the braai.
- Grill the broodjie for 5-7 minutes, turning once, until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the broodjie from the braai, unwrap it, and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Caprese Braai Broodjie on Ciabatta!