For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 500g pulled pork
- 4 soft rolls (brootjies)
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce (steers is best)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Butter for spreading
- Preheat your braai (grill) to medium-high heat.
- Place the pulled pork in a bowl and mix it with BBQ sauce until it’s evenly coated.
- Slice the soft rolls in half and spread some butter on each half.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese on the bottom half of each roll.
- Add a generous amount of pulled pork on top of the cheese.
- Top the pulled pork with some thinly sliced red onion.
- Close the broodjie by placing the top half of each roll on top of the filling.
- Wrap the broodjie tightly in foil and place it on the braai.
- Grill the broodjie for 5-7 minutes, turning once, until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the broodjie from the braai, unwrap it, and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Pulled Pork Braai Broodjie, South African style!