For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rounds
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 soft rolls (brootjies)
- kale or spinach if you into it
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your braai (grill) to medium-high heat.
- Brush the sweet potato rounds and onion rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potato rounds and onion rounds on the braai and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until they’re tender and lightly charred.
- Slice the soft rolls in half and place them on the braai, cut side down, to toast lightly.
- Once the sweet potato and onion rounds are cooked, place a few slices of sweet potato and onion on the bottom half of each roll.
- Crumble some feta cheese on top of the sweet potato and onion.
- Top the feta cheese with a few more slices of sweet potato and onion.
- Close the broodjie by placing the top half of each roll on top of the filling.
- Wrap the broodjie tightly in foil and place it on the braai.
- Grill the broodjie for 5-7 minutes, turning once, until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the broodjie from the braai, unwrap it, and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Sweet Potato and Feta Braai Broodjie with Onion, South African style!