For more of the best braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of focaccia bread
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat braai to at least 175°C.
- Cook the bacon on braai over medium heat until it’s crispy. Remove the bacon from the braai and place it on a paper towel to drain.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the whisked eggs to the pan.
- Use a spatula to continuously stir the eggs until they’re cooked to your liking. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut the focaccia bread into four slices and toast them in the oven until they’re lightly browned.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese on each slice of toasted focaccia.
- Divide the scrambled eggs evenly among the four slices of bread.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle it on top of the eggs.
- Place the four slices of bread on a braai and braai for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the Breakfast Brootjie hot and enjoy!
Optional: You can add some sliced avocado or tomato for extra flavor and nutrition.