For more similar awesome braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
braai broodjies recipes
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tot soft brown sugar
- 1 tot balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup biltong (finely chopped)
- 1 tub plain cream cheese
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 slices white bread
- Butter to spread on the outside of the bread
- Heat oil in your pan and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the sugar and balsamic to the onions and let it simmer over low heat for about 15 – 20 minutes until the onions are sweet and sticky. Set aside to cool.
- Use a food blender or your sharpest knife to chop your biltong.
- Spread the outsides of the bread with butter. Spread a nice thick layer of cream cheese on one side of the bread.
- Top with caramalised onions and then biltong.
- Lastly sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese over and cover with another slice of bread that is buttered on the outside.
- Place the bread into a hinged braai grid and braai over medium heat, turning often, until the bread is toasted on the outside and the cheese melted on the inside.
braai broodjies – braai broodjies resep – braai braaibroodjie recipe – braai broodjie ideas
You must be logged in to post a comment.