Skip to content
For more similar awesome braai broodjies recipes click here! more recipes…
- 600 g thick boerewors
- 12 slices of thick cut, farm-style white bread
- 200 g butter, melted
- Mrs Ball’s Chutney
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 g gouda, grated
- 250 g mozzarella, grated
- salt and pepper
- a handful of chives, chopped to serve
- Braai the boerewors over hot coals until the exterior is well caramelised but the wors is still pink in the middle. Let the wors cool then slice it into discs.
- Mix the two cheeses together in a bowl.
- Lay the bread slices out and brush with butter. Spread a layer of chutney on six of the slices of bread and add slices of boerewors.
- Top the wors with sliced onion and a generous amount of cheese. Close the broodjies and brush the top of each with butter.
- Load the broodjies into a sandwich grid then close the grid and place the butter-brushed side down over medium heat coals. Brush the unbuttered side with the remaining melted butter.
- Braai slowly for a few minutes per side until they are evenly golden all over and the cheese is melted. To serve, slice each broodjie in half and serve with extra chutney for dipping.