For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 500g Lamb Mince
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 mini savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 mini red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 slices Blue cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 6 Hamburger Rolls, split
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and mint in a large bowl. Season. Divide into 6 even portions. Shape each portion into a 12cm patty. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrot, pine nuts, mayonnaise and mustard in a large bowl. Season.
- Heat a braai or chargrill on high. Cook patties for 3 mins each side or until cooked through. Top with blue cheese. Cook for 1 min or until cheese starts to melt. Transfer to a plate. Add the apple to the grill and cook for 1 min each side or until lightly charred.
- Cook the cut side of the rolls on grill for 1 min or until lightly toasted. Place on serving plates. Top with coleslaw, apple and patties. Sandwich with roll tops and serve immediately.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!