For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- Lamb chops – This recipe is for 6 lamb chops, but you will need approximately 2 chops per person.
- Greek yogurt – Plain and organic is the way to go.
- Garam masala – You can usually find this in the spice aisle in your grocery store.
- Turmeric – This spice goes particularly well with lamb. It has a yellow coloring and earthy flavor.
- Garlic – You can mince them yourself or buy them pre-minced.
- Ginger – You can find fresh ginger in your produce aisle.
- Lemon juice – You can use fresh or bottled juice.
- Paprika – If you want spicier chops, try using a hot paprika. You can find it in your spice aisle.
- Cayenne Pepper – For that added heat.
- Salt – To taste.
LAMB CHOP MARINADE
This simple curry marinade helps to tenderize your lamb chops as well as adding lots of flavor.
- Combine marinade ingredients. Combine Greek yogurt, garam masala, turmeric, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a bowl and stir until fully mixed together.
- Marinade chops. Pour your marinade into a gallon freezer bag and add the lamb chops. Seal bag and move chops around inside until they are well coated with marinade.
- Let chops soak . Place the bag in your refrigerator and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- The longer you marinade your chops, the more flavor they will have.
HOW TO COOK LAMB CHOPS ON THE GRILL
- Preheat. Heat your grill to 200 C.
- Prep chops. Take your marinade bag out of the fridge.
- Remove the chops from marinade and scrape off excess.
- Braai the chops. Place your chops on grill and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Again, this time is for rib chops. If you are using a different cut of chop, your cooking time may vary.