For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2 red capsicums (400g total)
- 1 red truss tomato (140g)
- 5 x 2cm slices French Bread (60g total)
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 30g toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 lamb loin chops (about 120g each)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. In a large bowl, toss the capsicums, tomato and French stick with 1 tbs of the oil. Barbecue the vegetables and bread, turning as needed, for about 3 mins for the bread, or until it is toasted with char marks. Transfer the bread to a chopping board. Continue barbecuing the capsicums and tomato, turning as needed, until they are charred all over and soft, about 12 mins for the tomato and 20 mins for the capsicums. Transfer the vegetables to the chopping board to cool slightly.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the capsicums and transfer the capsicum flesh to a blender. Coarsely chop the tomato and bread and transfer to the blender. Add almonds, vinegar, garlic and 2 tbs of the oil. Season with sea salt flakes. Blend until pureed, but not completely smooth. Season to taste with more salt or vinegar, if necessary.
- Coat the lamb chops with 2 tsp of oil and season with salt and pepper. Barbecue, turning once, for about 3 mins each side, or until char marks form and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of the chops registers 54C. Transfer to a platter and spoon over the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Set aside to rest for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle oregano over the lamb chops and serve with the romesco sauce.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!