Welcome to the world of Mexican Birria Lamb Rib Braai! This traditional Mexican dish is a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy lamb ribs. The marinade is made with a combination of spices, herbs, and chiles, and the ribs are cooked over an open flame for a smoky, succulent flavor.
- The result is a tender, juicy, and flavorful dish that is sure to please. Whether you’re looking for a unique way to enjoy lamb ribs or just want to try something new, this Mexican Birria Lamb Rib Braai recipe is sure to be a hit.
How to Make the Perfect Mexican Birria Lamb Rib Braai Recipe: A Step-by-Step Guide
To make the perfect Mexican Birria Lamb Rib Braai, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs lamb ribs
- 4 dried guajillo chilies
- 4 dried ancho chilies
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the braai to 200C.
- In a pan, toast the dried guajillo and ancho chilies over medium heat until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the chilies and place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add cumin powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, salt, apple cider vinegar, and water to the blender.
- Blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Rub the spice paste over the lamb ribs, making sure to coat both sides.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast on the preheated braai for 2-2 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender and falling off the bones.
- Remove the foil and braai the ribs for an additional 5-10 minutes to get a crispy exterior.
- Let the ribs rest for a few minutes before serving.
This Birria Spiced Lamb Rib recipe is perfect for those who love a bit of heat and bold flavors. The combination of the smoky spices and tender lamb makes for a mouthwatering dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!