For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 kilogram (about 2 pounds) lamb chops
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh spearmint leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or hot paprika, optional
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and spices. Add the lamb chops and mix well to coat the meat evenly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the lamb chops. For best results, allow the lamb to marinate for at least 5 to 6 hours, or as long as overnight.
- Remove the lamb chops from the fridge and allow the meat to come to room temperature while you heat your grill. Lightly oil the grill rack or a grilling basket to prevent the meat from sticking
- When the coals are hot, arrange the meat on the rack or in the grilling basket without crowding. Plan to cook the lamb chops in batches if necessary.
- Cook the lamb chops for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the cuts of meat. Be careful of flames from fat drippings, which can scorch the meat.
- Serve immediately, or hold the lamb chops warm for a short while by wrapping in aluminum foil and leaving to the side of the grill away from direct heat.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!