For more of the best braai greek salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 1/2 cups (105g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 baby cos, leaves separated
- 2 roasted capsicums, cut into strips
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed marinated olives
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add garlic, cumin and paprika and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, then transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool. Once cool, add the lamb, breadcrumbs and egg, season well, then stir to combine.
- With damp hands, form the mixture into 20 walnut-sized balls. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over medium heat. In batches, cook the meatballs, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Place on a large baking tray and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the thick yoghurt in a bowl with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Arrange the lettuce, capsicum, cucumber and olives on a large serving platter or in individual bowls.
- Lightly whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with the remaining lemon juice and chopped mint. Season to taste, then drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Scatter meatballs on top, drizzle with the yoghurt mixture and garnish with mint leaves.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!