For more similar awesome braai summer salad and other braai side dishes recipes click here! more recipes…
- 300g green beans, topped but not tailed
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 150g broad bean pods (yielding about 50g beans)
- 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, stems finely chopped, leaves left whole
- 1/2 bunch of dill, fronds picked
- 1 handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g manchego cheese, finely grated
LIME AND JALAPEÑO DRESSING (MAKES 265ML)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 French shallot, finely diced
- 1 fresh green jalapeño chilli, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- Slice the green beans and sugar snap peas in half lengthways along the seams.Blanch the green beans by adding them to a large saucepan of salted boiling water.
- Cook for 3 minutes exactly, then plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process and keep the colour bright.
In the same pan, blanch the sugar snap peas and broad beans for 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water.
- When cooled, drain off all the water from the beans and sugar snap peas. Pop them into a decent-sized mixing bowl.
- Put the black beans in another bowl. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together, add the finely chopped coriander stems and season very generously with freshly cracked black pepper. Pour the dressing over the black beans to let the flavours absorb.
- When ready to serve, toss the coriander leaves, dill and mint through the black beans, then pile over the mixed fresh beans.
Grate the cheese over the top, using a fine grater for puffy delicious clouds, then serve.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
More Braai salads ideas and braai side dishes
salads with braai Separator salads for braai Separator salads for a braai Separator braai salad Separator salads with braai Separator salads for braai meat Separator salads recipes for braai Separator salads recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.