For more similar awesome prawn braai recipes and prawn braai ideas, braai marinades click here! more recipes…
- 12 shell-on mozambican prawns
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 limes or lemons
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 4 cm piece of ginger
- 2 clove of garlic
- a dash of soy sauce
- 1 stem fresh lemon grass ( if you can get it )
- Lay the prawns out on a board in 2 rows of 6, side by side like a rack of ribs, with the heads all facing the same way. Skewer each rack together with 3 skewers (roughly 20cm in length), one through the middle and one to either side. Put aside.
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce, the zest and juice of 1 lime and the fish sauce together in a tray. Pick the coriander leaves and put to one side, then finely slice the stalks and add them to the tray. Deseed and finely slice the chilli and peel and finely grate the ginger, then scatter into tray. Crush in the garlic (and lemongrass if you have it) , then give everything a really good mix up. Add the racks of prawns, then turn over a few times in the marinade to coat really well. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When you’re ready, preheat the braai. Cook the racks on a hot braai for 4 – 5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning every 30 seconds and basting with the remaining marinade.
- Once cooked, remove to a serving board, squeeze over the juice from the remaining lime/lemon, sprinkle with the reserved coriander leaves, then serve with a fresh green salad, or as part of a barbecue spread.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!