For more of the best braai salads recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 seedless lemons, thinly sliced
- 750g heirloom tomatoes (or other tomatoes)
- ¼ watermelon, cut into chunks
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place 750ml water and sugar in a saucepan with 3 tsp salt and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and remove from heat. Cool, then add lemon slices. Cover with baking paper to ensure lemons are submerged and place back on the lowest heat possible. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the lemon rind has become translucent. Drain, then cool completely in the liquid.
- Cut the heirloom tomatoes into quarters and arrange them on a serving platter with the diced watermelon. Add a few slices of the confit lemon and sprinkle with the basil leaves. Season well to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Finish by drizzling over the olive oil and lemon juice.
Braai Salad – salads with a braai – salads for braai – salads for a braai – braai salads south African
Braai Salad salads with a braai salads for braai salads for a braai braai salads south african braai salads salads for braai recipes salad recipes for braai salad recipes for a braai salad recipe for braai salad for braai recipes recipe for braai salads salad for braai recipes recipe for braai salads braai salads recipes braai salads recipe braai salads in south africa braai salad recipes braai braai stand salads with a braai salads for braai salads for a braai braai salads weber braai spit braai salads with braai
salads with braai Separator salads for braai Separator salads for a braai Separator braai salad Separator salads with braai Separator salads for braai meat Separator salads recipes for braai Separator salads recipe