For more similar awesome prawn braai recipes and prawn braai ideas, braai marinades click here! more recipes…
Prawn braai ideas
- 16 extra-large prawns
- 100g butter, melted
- 1½ tbs harissa (or other chilli paste)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, plus extra thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- 2 tbs rice bran oil
- 2 packets (500g) microwaveable brown and wild rice, heated according to packet instructions
- ¼ bunch coriander, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the prawns by cutting along the belly and through the head until they open up flat, then de-vein.How to prepare prawns
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Whisk together melted butter, harissa, soy sauce and half the lime juice, and season.
- Toss broccolini and spring onions with oil, season, then grill, turning once, for 3-4 minutes until lightly charred. Cool slightly, then cut into 6cm pieces. Place in a bowl with rice, coriander and remaining lime juice. Toss together and place in a serving bowl.
- Lightly brush prawns with half the butter mixture, then grill, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until charred and just cooked.
- Arrange prawns on a large platter, scatter with sliced spring onion (if using) and serve with wild rice salad and remaining butter.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!