A different type of braai salad recipe idea! For more similar awesome braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
A twist on a Caesar salad perfect for you next summer braai!
- 2 – 3 baby gem or butter lettuce
- A small handful of watercress
- A small bunch of chives, chopped
- 125gms streak bacon, chopped
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled
- 60 – 100gms of blue cheese depending on how much you like
Blue cheese dressing:
- 50gms blue cheese
- ½ cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- ½ cup full fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir through the chopped chives if you are adding them.
- Boil the eggs, cool, peel and cut into quarters.
- While the eggs are boiling, fry your bacon until crispy and then drain on paper.
- Just before you want to serve this salad, arrange the lettuce leaves on flat platter and top with all the bits.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.