Here’s a recipe for a delicious and easy-to-make granadilla fridge tart that would be perfect for a braai (barbecue):
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of granadilla pulp
- 1 packet of Marie biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Crush the Marie biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs. You can use a food processor or put them in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the melted butter with the biscuit crumbs until they are well combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a greased 20cm pie dish or rectangular dish, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to set.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk, granadilla pulp, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream until it is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and spread it out evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the tart is firm and set.
- Once the tart is set, you can decorate it with fresh mint leaves or extra granadilla pulp before serving.
Enjoy your delicious granadilla fridge tart at your next braai!