Chai spice milktart is a delicious and creamy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The warm, comforting flavors of chai spices paired with the creamy texture of milktart create a dessert that is sure to impress
- 1 ready-made pastry shell
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the pastry shell into a pie dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, ginger powder, nutmeg, allspice, and black pepper until just before boiling point.
- Remove from heat and let the spices steep for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods from the milk mixture.
- Gradually pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Once all the milk mixture has been added, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry shell and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Enjoy your delicious and creamy chai spice milktart! This dessert is perfect for any occasion, and is sure to impress your guests.