Skip to content
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Coarse kosher salt & freshly ground pepper , to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter with mushrooms, tossing to coat.
- Cook mushrooms down until they are half their original size.
- Reduce the temperature to medium and then add the red wine, broth, fresh thyme and garlic powder, stirring well and then simmering for 15 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water, whisk into mushroom sauce.
- Heat for an additional 2 minutes, then remove.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.