Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 cups portabellini/chestnut mushrooms, halved/sliced approximately 500g/ 1 pound
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk mixed with 3 teaspoons corn flour/corn starch
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the butter and olive oil together.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan with the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the mushrooms to fry until golden brown then add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Pour in the cream and milk and allow to simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened and cooked through.
- Season with lemon, salt and pepper and add the parsley.