Ingredients 1 T-Bone Steak – at least 2-inches thick 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoon canola oil – (or other high heat cooking oil) 1 teaspoon salt teaspoon freshly grated black pepper 2 tablespoon Butter For the Garlic Butter Sauce ½ cup Unsalted Plugrá® Butter 4 cloves garlic – minced 2 teaspoon garlic powder […]
- 1 T-Bone Steak – at least 2-inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon canola oil – (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Butter
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice – plus more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh parsley – minced (optional)
For the Steak
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and drizzle each size with approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub the olive oil and seasoning into the steak, coating the entire surface.
- Allow the steak to come to room temperature.When ready to cook, heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat. Add 2 generous tablespoons of oil to the skillet.
- Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the steak.Use a pair of cooking tongs to flip the steak every 30-60 seconds. Meanwhile, as the steak is cooking, very carefully tilt the pan and spoon the hot oil and juices over the top of the steak.After the steak has been cooking for approximately 2-3 minutes, add the butter.
- Continue to flip and spoon the melted butter over the top of the steak until the internal temperature reads between 125-130 degrees F (for a medium rare steak) on a digital thermometer. Immediately remove your steak from the pan and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides and garlic butter sauce.
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for approximately 30-60 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Do not let the garlic burn, reduce the heat to low if needed.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic powder, and salt to the pan. Stir well to combine. Once the butter has melted, add the lemon juice and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the minced parsley, if using. Best served hot.
Ingredients 3 large heads garlic (peeled into cloves) 1 cup olive oil ½ cup fresh oregano leaves juice of two limes juice of two oranges salt to taste (at least ½ teaspoon) ½ teaspoon black pepper Instructions Place the garlic cloves in a single layer in a pan or baking dish. Cover […]
- 3 large heads garlic (peeled into cloves)
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh oregano leaves
- juice of two limes
- juice of two oranges
- salt to taste (at least ½ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the garlic cloves in a single layer in a pan or baking dish. Cover with the oil.
- Bake at 400f/200c for 30 minutes, or longer until the garlic has developed a golden color. Remove the cloves from the oil.
- In a food processor, combine the lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and oregano leaves. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the garlic cloves and pulse again.
- Turn the processor on, and slowly add the oil in a steady stream.
- Add more salt, if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, some oil will settle to the top.