- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup packed)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup milk and flour in a saucepan; stir with a whisk. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup milk and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!