- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, dried
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested (no juice, zest only)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken wings, party style
- minced parsley, for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the chicken wings and toss well to coat. Cover the bowl or transfer the wings and marinade to a large ziplock bag and chill for at least four hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and pat lightly. Heat a grill to medium heat and lay the wings in a single layer on the grate.
- Close the braai and cook for 15 – 20 mins, turning occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium/low midway through cooking.
- Serve garnished with minced parsley if desired.